Since launching it’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) in 2018, Fiji has begun implementing the adaptation measures prioritized through its NAP process, notably scaling up Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) efforts—which is a type of Nature-based Solution (NbS).
This briefing note will provide an overview of how the Fijian government is approaching this task and share lessons for other countries seeking to use the NAP process to scale up EbA.
- Blog | Deep Roots for Resilient Communities: A nature-based solution helping Fiji adapt to climate change
- Video | Fiji’s National Adaptation Plan Process
- Poster | Fiji’s NAP Process
- Theme Page | Nature-based Solutions (NbS)
- Guidance Note | Building Resilience with Nature
- Analysis | Building Resilience with Nature
Publisher: International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)