At a time when climate related disasters are predicted to push an additional 132 million people into extreme poverty by 2030, there is a need for concerted effort to strengthen adaptation and resilience building mechanisms.
Climate and disaster risk finance and insurance (CDRFI) solutions can play an essential role in climate change adaptation, enabling governments, businesses, and individuals to strengthen their financial resilience in the event of shocks, and providing information and incentives for improved management of risks.
National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes will guide investments in adaptation over the coming years, whether from domestic budgets, the private sector, or international climate finance. Having CDRFI solutions better reflected in NAP processes will not only increase awareness of the role of these financial tools in a country’s adaptation journey, but also provide a basis for quickly and effectively scaling up such solutions.
This event launched a new report analyzing the ways in which countries are integrating CDRFI solutions in their efforts to formulate and implement NAPs–as well as the missed opportunities. The analysis is a result of collaboration between the NAP Global Network and the InsuResilience Global Partnership (IGP).
The event’s speakers include:
- Astrid Zwick, Head of InsuResilience Global Partnership Secretariat
- Anne Hammill, Director of the NAP Global Network Secretariat
- Daniel Stadtmueller, Team Lead, InsuResilience Global Partnership
- Angie Dazé, Senior Policy Advisor and Gender Equality Lead, NAP Global Network
- Trevor Thompson, Chief Land Use Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Lands, Grenada
- Karen Philip, Development Specialist, Caribbean Policy Development Centre
- Viktoria Seifert, Manager, Disaster Risk Finance & Policy, Munich Climate Insurance Initiative (MCII)
- Jan Kellett, Special Advisor, Insurance and Risk Finance, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Opportunities for Strengthening Resilience by Integrating Climate and Disaster Risk Finance and Insurance (CDRFI) in National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Processes
- Financing National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Processes: Contributing to the achievement of nationally determined contribution (NDC) adaptation goals
- Webinar | Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans: A toolkit to guide effective strategies
- Toolkit for Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans (NAPs)
- More NAP Global Network webinars!
Publisher: NAP Global Network and the InsuResilience Global Partnership (IGP)