Webinar | Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans: A toolkit to guide effective strategies
Webinar Recording | Webinar Slides | Related Resources
The private sector plays an important role in the success of any National Adaptation Plan (NAP), so recognizing how to best engage local businesses and larger stakeholders in the NAP process should be prioritized.
That’s why we partnered with the UNFCCC Adaptation Committee to develop a Toolkit for Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Supplement to the UNFCCC Technical Guidelines for the NAP Process – a guiding document designed to help governments strategically engage private sector actors in their country’s NAP process.
To provide a run-through of this toolkit, our policy advisors took participants of the webinar through an exercise that required their input at five important junctures of a case study. The majority votes made by participants impacted the direction of the story, as they collectively played the role of a government worker responsible for the NAP process in a sunny and totally made-up island nation.
Co-hosted by the NAP Global Network and the UNFCCC Adaptation Committee, this webinar demonstrated the versatile nature of the toolkit, as well as its applicability.
- Toolkit for Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans (NAPs)
- Available in English, French and Spanish: Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Planning Processes
- Ghana’s Private Sector Engagement Strategy for the National Adaptation Plan
- Blog | Business-as-Unusual: Working with Ghana’s Private Sector on Climate Change Adaptation
- NAP Global Network at COP 25: Enhancing Engagement of the Private Sector in Adaptation Planning and Implementation
- Webinar | Advancing National Adaptation Planning: Engaging the private sector in the process
- Theme | Private Sector Engagement