This strategy provides guidance on how the Government of Sierra Leone can use communications strategically to support the NAP process and enhance a better understanding of the country’s climate change adaptation issues. It draws from wide-ranging consultations with key government stakeholders from all over the country to ensure an inclusive and realistic plan.
The main goals of the strategy include:
- Improving awareness and understanding of the Government of Sierra Leone’s climate change adaptation initiatives and the NAP process through effective communication, education and training.
- Uniting the Government of Sierra Leone under a common vision and speaking with one voice on the issue of addressing climate change impacts.
- Generating support and political commitment among key decision-makers for the NAP process.
- Encouraging Sierra Leoneans to collectively embark on activities to strengthen the country’s resilience to climate change.
- Video | Sierra Leone’s National Adaptation Planning Process
- Radio public service announcement to raise awareness of Sierra Leone’s NAP process
- Sierra Leone Builds Political Support and Momentum for the NAP Process Through National Workshop
- Sierra Leone’s NAP Process Poster
Publisher: Government of Sierra Leone