This report represents the first review of Albania’s progress in implementing its National Adaptation Plan (NAP). The primary intent is to aid policy-makers in understanding Albania’s ongoing climate change adaptation efforts. This includes an analysis of achievements, insights gained, and the challenges encountered during the first four years of the NAP’s implementation (2019–2023), thereby providing valuable inputs for its future revision. The overall aim of this progress report is to contribute to the vision of an Albania resilient to climate change.
The Albanian NAP comprises 15 priority actions containing 118 adaptation measures and 23 goals to be implemented until 2035. The main objectives of this First Progress Report are to:
- monitor the implementation status of the NAP priority actions,
- track progress in mainstreaming climate change into sectoral policy documents,
- evaluate the NAP process,
- learn about the NAP process, and
- fulfill the reporting requirements under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement.
This progress report is also available in Albanian.
- Protecting Kune-Vaini Lagoon: Scaling up ecosystem-based adaptation in Albania’s oasis for migratory birds
- Video | National Adaptation Plan of Albania
- Striving to Adapt to Climate Change: Lessons from Albania
Publisher: Government of Albania