The purpose of this document is to provide an overall framework to guide the country in developing, coordinating and implementing its NAP process. This framework serves to describe the benefits of the NAP process in the context of Ghana, and to ensure that the NAP does not unnecessarily add to the proliferation of national planning processes and related documents. Specifically, the objectives of this NAP Framework are to:
- Clarify the country’s approach to its NAP process. This will include an articulation of the country’s vision of climate change adaptation, its adaptation objectives and principles, the roles played by stakeholders within the national government, and priority adaptation actions to be undertaken. It will also provide a reference point for bringing together various adaptation planning efforts from different sectors, sub-national structures and scales of decision making.
- Align the NAP process with existing policies, strategies, programs and adaptation research.
- Serve as a basis for stakeholder engagement.
- Ghanaian Stakeholders Validate Two Key NAP Process Strategies on Private Sector Engagement and Adaptation in the Infrastructure Sector
- Ghana Hosts High-Level Regional Consultations on National Adaptation Planning
- Ghana’s Vision for National Adaptation Planning
Publisher: Government of Ghana