Countries are increasingly using their NAP processes to realize gender-responsive climate action and act on the Gender Action Plan (GAP) under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Since 2017, we have partnered with governments in 13 countries to support the integration of gender considerations in their NAP processes. At the same time, we share learning and synthesize progress in integrating gender in NAP processes. A gender-responsive NAP is the tool we need to address the gender injustices experienced in all areas of climate adaptation, from planning processes to the implementation of adaptation actions.
- Video | Elevating Women’s Voices in Climate Change Adaptation Through Visual Storytelling
- Video | Why Gender Matters for Effective Adaptation to Climate Change
- Infographic | Climate Change and Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR)
- Video | Gender-responsive National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes
- Infographic | Acting on the Gender Action Plan (GAP)
- Infographic | Addressing Gender Equality in Climate Change Adaptation
Publisher: International Institute for Sustainable Development