This briefing note provides a summary of the main points of a technical report that proposes the framework of a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) system for Liberia’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) 2020–2030.
- An overview of the MEL framework’s aims and objectives; the required institutional arrangements, including roles and responsibilities; the process to review and revise indicators; and the system to assess and collect data.
- Clarification on how national government ministries and agencies, county governments, and other stakeholders can support the development of the national MEL system for Liberia’s NAP.
- A phased work plan to establish the MEL system, with steps to be implemented over the next 3 years.
The full technical report is available on request from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of Liberia.
- Liberia’ s First Adaptation Communication to UNFCCC
- Liberia Launches the Development of a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Framework for Climate Adaptation
Publisher: Environmental Protection Agency Republic of Liberia