While the country’s contribution to global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and thus to human-induced climate change are miniscule, this phenomenon could cost lives, livelihoods, and well over 24.5% of its GDP by 2050 and 49.1% by 2100 if no effective adaptation and mitigation measures are implemented on time. The Government of Saint Lucia (GoSL) recognizes the urgency of acting on these current and future climate risks both at the policy and operational levels.
The National Climate Change Research Policy aims to maximize the potential for research collaborations to generate the information needed to make national climate risk reduction decisions. This document will create a framework for collaboration on climate change-relevant research to enhance the capacity of Saint Lucian institutions, businesses, communities, and individuals to make well-informed decisions to address climate change.
- Saint Lucia’s Climate Change Research Strategy 2020-2030
- sNAPshot | Saint Lucia’s Climate Change Research Policy and Strategy
- Saint Lucia’s Climate Financing Strategy
- Saint Lucia’s Private Sector Engagement Strategy
- Toolkit for Engaging the Private Sector in National Adaptation Plans (NAPs)
- Saint Lucia’s Climate Change Communications Strategy
- Guidelines for the Development of Sectoral Adaptation Strategies and Action Plans (SASAPs): Saint Lucia’s Experience under the NAP Process
- Theme | Financing NAP Processes
Publisher: Government of Saint Lucia