Nature-based Solutions (NbS) aim to protect, sustainably manage, and restore ecosystems to meet critical societal needs while building long-term environmental and economic resilience.
As a type of NbS, Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) uses natural systems to build resilience to climate change while generating social and economic returns and providing multiple benefits, including improved health, biodiversity protection, food security, and alternative livelihood opportunities.
Learn how the opportunities and outcomes of EbA can be amplified by a country’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process.
- Guidance Note | Building Resilience With Nature: Maximizing Ecosystem-based Adaptation through National Adaptation Plan Processes
- Analysis | Building Resilience With Nature: Ecosystem-based Adaptation in National Adaptation Plan Processes
- sNAPshot | Saint Lucia’s Resilient Ecosystems Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan (REASAP) 2020–2028
- Saint Lucia’s Resilient Ecosystems Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan (REASAP) 2020–2028
- Theme Page | Nature-based Solutions
Publisher: International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)