Countries will not achieve their climate ambitions without bringing citizens into the policy-making process. Public engagement is critical to the long-term success of efforts to build climate resilience through national adaptation plan (NAP) processes. NAP teams should place people—their values and identities—at the centre of decision making on adaptation. Building public support will be crucial for the adaptation actions prioritized through the NAP process to be implemented.
This report, jointly prepared by Climate Outreach and the NAP Global Network, provides an introduction to public engagement on climate change adaptation; its primary intended audience is decision-makers involved in leading NAP processes in developing countries.
- Photoblog | Women’s Voices on Climate Change in Ghana and Kenya
- sNAPshot | Strategic Communications for the NAP Process in Saint Lucia
- sNAPshot | Strategic Communications in Peru’s NAP Process
- Stratégie de Communications pour le Processus Plan National d’Adaptation (PNA) d’Haïti
- Sierra Leone’s Climate Change Communications Strategy Under the National Adaptation Plan
Publisher: International Institute for Sustainable Development & Climate Outreach