The NAP Global Network worked with the Environmental Protection Agency in Sierra Leone from 2018 to 2020 to build political support for the NAP process among decision-makers at the national and subnational levels, with the goal of increasing the integration of climate change adaptation into the country’s medium- and long-term development plans. This was done through a series of engagement workshops held in Freetown and around the country.
We also helped increase public awareness of the NAP process through the development of a NAP communications strategy, including targeted communication products and training workshops for members of the national and local media, government ministries, departments and agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Radio public service announcement and video distributed: Raised awareness of Sierra Leone’s NAP process.
- NAP Communications Strategy completed: To encourage national support for the NAP process.
- Sierra Leone’s NAP Communication Strategy Validation Workshop: Reviewed and assessed the NAP by key national stakeholders during a one-day validation workshop in Freetown.
- NAP Framework finalized: Participatory process involving multiple stakeholders, including national and local authorities, civil society, the private sector and development partners.
- National and subnational workshops: Built political support for the NAP process.
- NAP Communications training workshop: Trained media specialists on how to report on climate change adaptation and the NAP process.