The NAP Global Network worked with the Ministry of the Presidency of Guyana and the Japan-Caribbean Climate Change Partnership, administered by the UN Development Programme, from 2016 to 2020 to ensure the effectiveness of the country’s NAP process.
We boosted public awareness on climate change adaptation processes through communications training programs for media and government staff. Our efforts focused on strengthening NAP awareness by developing targeted communication products, including a public service announcement and dedicated government website focusing on climate change.
- Video of NAP Process: Strengthened communications around the process and benefits of the NAP to a broad range of constituents, including the media, civil society, and the Guyanese public.
- Workshop for government officials: Strengthened the capacities of 22 government personnel regarding how to communicate climate change impacts and adaptation to the media.
- Workshop for journalists: Enhanced capacities of 19 journalists and media representatives to write stories about climate change and the NAP process.
- Climate change website: Updated content to inform stakeholders and adaptation policy-makers, and developed training sessions regarding website updates and use for government personnel.
- Caribbean NAP Assembly: Facilitated communications between Caribbean countries regarding lessons learned and next steps in respective countries' NAP processes.