The Network’s program of support includes:
- Boosting public awareness on climate change adaptation processes through training programs for media and government staff, as well as strengthening NAP communications to a broad range of constituents—including the government, media, civil society, the international community and the Guyanese public—through the development of targeted communications products, including a national climate change website and a NAP-related video.
- Supporting the government in developing an effective NAP monitoring and evaluation framework and increasing the capacities of staff from key ministries—on local and regional levels—to plan and finance adaptation activities under the NAP.
- Guyanese journalists receive training on how to write stories about climate change
- Government personnel receive training on how to communicate climate change to the media
- Caribbean countries share plans to adapt to climate change
Support Program at a Glance
More Key Themes
- NDC-NAP alignment
- Strategic communications