The NAP Global Network is working with the Ministry of Environment of Peru to strengthen the implementation of its NAP processes by assisting in the design of their Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system, building capacity on M&E and increasing national awareness for their NAP process.
We are also supporting Peru in aligning their NAP strategy with the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) process and developing the Framework Law on Climate Change (FLCC) regulation.
- Peru NAP document (ongoing): Releasing a strategic approach to adaptation planning and action across sectors, as well as an increased political profile for adaptation.
- Climate Finance Strategy (ongoing): Consultations ongoing through peer learning and exchange events in Colombia.
The Dialoguemos process : Supporting the communications and stakeholder engagements on adaptation thinking, planning and implementation.
- Operationalization of M&E framework: Implementing a system to monitor and evaluate prioritized adaptation actions.
- Adaptation videos: Created five videos to engage with the public and raise awareness of climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Second National Climate Change Communicators workshop: Trained media on communicating climate change effectively and accurately, focus on the Framework Law on Climate Change.
- Catalogue of Peru’s adaptation measures: Outlined all 91 measures to be implemented as part of the country’s NAP process.
- Drafting of the Regulation for the Framework Law on Climate Change (FLCC): Conducted consultations to ensure climate change is framed as an inclusive, people-centered approach.
- Stakeholder consultation from the Peruvian public sector: High-level stakeholders from several government departments assessed a preliminary version of the Peruvian NAP, providing inputs to enhance the document and signalling a commitment to the implementation of adaptation actions in their sectors.
- Adaptation radio announcements: Engaged with public and raised awareness of climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- NAP conceptual framework: Created a roadmap to inform the development of the NAP document.
- NDC alignment workshop: Conducted a review to ensure Peru's NAP Document is in line with the country's NDC objectives.
- M&E system: Developed a database to assess progress and impacts of adaptation actions, raised awareness of adaptation actions in sectoral and government planning.
- First National Climate Change Communicators workshop: Trained media on communicating climate change effectively and accurately.
- NAP Assembly: Coordinated all relevant sectors in the implementation of the country's NAP.