We are helping to build political support for the NAP process among decision-makers at the national and subnational levels, with the goal of increasing the integration of climate change adaptation into the country’s medium and long-term development plans. We are also helping to strengthen the resilience of energy, water and transport infrastructure to climate change impacts through the development of a sector-focused adaptation strategy and a corresponding 5–10-year investment plan. Finally, we are working to engage the private sector in climate adaptation initiatives by creating an engagement strategy that identifies key stakeholders and recommendations on strategic alliances.
- Ghana’s National Adaptation Plan Framework
- National and subnational workshops to build political will for the NAP process
- Private Sector Engagement Strategy
- Sectoral Adaptation Strategy for Energy, Water and Transport Infrastructure
Support Program at a Glance
More Key Themes
- Vertical integration
- First program of support: NAP framework completed.
- Second program of support:
- Vertical integration through building political momentum
- Sector integration through creating a sectoral strategy for infrastructure
- Financing NAP processes through developing an engagement strategy for the private sector