We are helping to build political support for the NAP process among decision-makers at the national and subnational levels, with the goal of increasing the integration of climate change adaptation into the country’s medium- and long-term development plans. This will be done through a series of engagement workshops to be held in Freetown and around the country. We are also helping to increase public awareness of the NAP process through the development of a NAP communications strategy, alongside targeted communication products and training workshops for members of the national and local media, government ministries, departments and agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
SUPPORT PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- First program of support: NAP framework completed.
- Second program of support:
- Vertical integration through building political support.
- Strategic communications through increasing public awareness.
- Sierra Leone National Adaptation Plan Framework
- National and subnational workshops to build political will for the NAP process
- NAP Communications Strategy
- NAP Communications training workshops
- Video | Sierra Leone's National Adaptation Planning Process
- Radio public service announcement to raise awareness of Sierra Leone’s NAP process